Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Canmake Cream Cheek Part II Clear Series

A few weeks ago when I was browsing the Canmake website looking for the new Cheek & Cheek 08 Love Trap Flower that was supposed to be released on October 1. Instead, I spotted these Canmake Cream Cheeks Clear Series.

Being a big fan of the Canmake Cream Cheeks, I started a frenzy search for any online retailer who carries these because, well, they haven't made it (still!!!) to the Taiwanese shore. I have to say, it's occasions like these that I feel thankful for Ebay, even if I loath it every other minute in between. Let's just say I, umm, stalked Alpha Beauty UK everyday and snapped these up as soon as they made their appearance. I don't care that they're marked up to about 2/3 the Japanese retail. I wanted these so badly. I must have them.

From left to right: CL01 Clear Red HeartCL02 Clear Love Song Pink, and CL03 Clear Sunset. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

And my oh my, they are so worth going batty for - gorgeous, shimmer-free, translucent but pigmented gel cheek colors that are just stupidly easy to apply and blend, just like their creamier sisters. I love, love, love all 3 colors and have been using them daily for the past 2 weeks since they arrived in the mail. The permanent lineup has 2 colors, CL01 Clear Red Heart and CL02 Clear Love Song Pink, with a limited edition release CL03 Clear Sunset. All 3 are unscented, like the rest of the Cream Cheeks.

I was a tad surprise when I first touched their surface. Unlike the other Cream Cheeks with creamy surfaces that can be dented with some pressure, these feel significantly more solid, almost like a gel-like crayon. I swirled my fingertip (ring finger) twice and applied slight pressure, and have been repeating the same every morning during my makeup routine, but nope, their surfaces still haven't budged one bit. And just so you know, 2 swirls pick up way more than enough color for both of my cheeks (a dab on each cheek, wipe off excess on finger, then blend). Oh, and I use these exclusively on my cheeks, though now that I think about it, instead of wiping off the excess on my fingertip I ought to just dab it onto my lips for a lip tint. Note to self - stop wasting precious. 

CL01 Clear Red Heart: a translucent blue based strawberry red. Somehow, it manages to be the most translucent as well as the most pigmented one out of the three. How does that even make sense? Either way, I'm thoroughly impressed and I love it to death. 

CL02 Clear Love Song Pink: a translucent and neutral guava pink. After blending, this is the sheerest one out of the 3. That said, it also gives me a super flattering pink flush that just can't be overdone. Totally idiot-proof and perfect for me ^.^

CL03 Clear Sunset: a translucent and warm reddish coral. I was keeping my fingers crossed for this one to be orange but the sunset in its name gave me false hope. Nope, it's not orange, even though I can almost see the orange in it sometimes. It's definitely coral, and a very pretty and pigmented one too! From the swatch it look as though it's even more pigmented than CL01 Clear Red Heart but it's not.

From left to right: CL01 Clear Red Heart, CL02 Clear Love Song Pink, and CL03 Clear Sunset swatched (top row) and blended (bottom row). 

What are you waiting for? Go get them. Now.

See my previous Canmake Cream Cheek post.

Post a Comment

0 Comments